Thursday, September 10, 2009

GRUNGE-the look

When I think of grunge it reminds me of old thrift store flannels (very thin from wear) and frayed torn up jeans with doc martin boots. The best accessory was an old vintage car. My boyfriend and I drove around in a 65 Chevy Malibu, flat black with flames. He would never let me drive it but I always had shotgun!

During the grunge era, I was lucky enough to see nirvana in concert. I still remember my outfit: baggy frayed jeans, burgandy doc martins ( a must have for any mosh pit) and an old school M & M's T-shirt "Melts in your mouth not in your hands" I still have the T-shirt, I just can't part with it. I remember being packed like salmon with the feeling of being crushed. Finally, I floated on top of the crowd to get out. I had bruises all over the next day but well worth it! I've found some reminiscent photos of the era to share.

Kurt Cobain



Photobucket

Nirvana


Photobucket

Kate Moss


Photobucket


Young Love


Photobucket

True Grunge Attire


Photobucket

Shalom Harlow

Photobucket

Courtney Love


Photobucket

No comments: