Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Oh Mother


me and my pretty mamma 
circa 1976


  I hope you all had a beautiful Mother's Day.  Becoming a mother 8 years ago was one of the greatest, if not the greatest blessing ever to happen to me.  Having a child changed my priorities and gave me a whole new outlook on life.  My days are now spent constanly cooking, cleaning up, helping with homework, listening to books being read out loud, and sports of all kinds.  I never followed nor paid much attention to basketball and baseball but I do now and I am so grateful for it.  I thank God everyday for my little family.

      Before becoming a mother, Mother's Day had a different meaning.  It was a very special day in honor of my own Mother and how important she was in my life.  Now that she has passed on, Mother's Day has a new meaning to me.  I no longer have the beloved relationship that I had only with my mother but now I am making that relationship with my own child.  The first Mother's Day without mamma was so hard, I remember being tearful most of the day thinking about her.  Today, Mother's Day is still bittersweet but I am so grateful for being a mother and making new memories with my son.  Life doesn't always work out how you expect it and at times it may be full of sadness but we must be strong and carry on to live and enjoy the moments that bring smiles to our face and memories not to be forgotten.

He makes me smile...




My Baby Boy 
circa 2013

No comments: