Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cake Batter Pancakes



 Cake Batter Pancakes

I found the most perfect way to celebrate a Birthday Breakfast called Cake Batter Pancakes.  Yes, they are as delicious as they sound.  I used the Betty Crocker Bisquick Recipe because it seemed like the easiest way to go but there are several variations out there.  The pancakes were tried and tested by my family and I and they got high approval by us all!  I can't wait to make more on my sons' birthday.

Ingredients
1 cup Bisquick
1 cup yellow cake mix
3 tablespoons candy sprinkles ( I may have used a little more because we are BIG sprinkle fans)
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk (regular milk will do)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Organic Eggs

Glaze & Garnish*
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla  

*we skipped the glaze and just used whip cream



Directions

1.  Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375°F; grease with cooking spray, vegetable oil or shortening. (Surface is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)

2.  In medium bowl, stir together pancake ingredients until blended. Pour by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until pancakes are golden brown. Stack on serving plates.

3.  In small bowl, beat powdered sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with whisk until smooth.

4.  To serve, top each serving with glaze and additional candy sprinkles.  You can also have fun with it by adding chocolate syrup, whip cream, candles, ect.  You can also try making them with different flavored cake mixes.  I heard red velvet is really good. 

I stacked them up with chocolate syrup, whip cream, and plenty of candy sprinkles and they barely even needed syrup.  We sliced them up like a cake and enjoyed.  This was a real treat for my husband and son when they got home from Baseball Practice.  I should have captured the look on my sons' face when he saw them.  They were delicious and I can't wait to make more and maybe try some different variations.  Leave me a message and let me know how you like them and if you've don anything to make yours unique.

Luvs,

Alice

 link to the original recipe- http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cake-batter-pancakes



No comments: